Candidate for Mayor
The coalition “SKOPELOS – TOGETHER FOR ALL,” led by mayoral candidate Dimitris Efstathiou,
cordially invites our fellow citizens to support us in the upcoming October 8th elections.
We, a group of passionate, dedicated individuals, are committed to enhancing the quality of life for everyone in our community. Our vision is a vibrant, transparent municipality where citizens’ voices are heard, and decisions are made collectively.
We understand the immense value of our beautiful island and pledge to preserve and enrich it responsibly. Transparent governance, accountability, and efficient resource allocation are our guiding principles.
Our mission is to bring democracy, transparency, and accountability to local governance, eradicating the opacity of closed offices. We will plan and execute projects collaboratively, ensuring fairness and respect for public funds.
Our focus is on inclusivity and unity. We do not discriminate; instead, we offer an open, inviting space for everyone. Our name, “SKOPELOS – TOGETHER FOR ALL,” embodies our commitment to unity.
In summary, our coalition stands for transparent, accountable governance, community engagement, and inclusive progress. Join us as we work together for a better, united Skopelos.
We present our program succinctly: rest assured, we will never surprise or ignore you. Our central objective is to foster the broadest possible consensus, achieved through comprehensive communication and the respectful consideration of your opinions.
• Tailored Tourist Promotion: We will entrust the promotion of tourism to seasoned
consultants and the Tourism Committee, ensuring the evolution of our island’s tourism
• Continuous Online Presence: We will support and enhance the municipality’s websites and
applications for a modern online presence.
• Advertisement through Modern Media: Our island will be showcased through cutting-edge
promotional and networking platforms.
• Participation in Exhibitions: We will represent our island at domestic and international
tourism exhibitions in collaboration with local stakeholders, aiming to highlight all villages
and establish our island as a global attraction.
• Diversification of Tourism: We will develop alternative forms of tourism, including
conferences, religious, sports, hiking, maritime, gastronomic, etc., extending the tourist
• Visitor Reception and Information: Establishing reception desks at both ports of Skopelos
and Glossa to provide comprehensive information for our visitors.
• Reconstruction of Health Center: Following the donation of the study by the “Martinos
Foundation” for the reconstruction of the Health Center, we will take all necessary actions to
expedite its implementation.
• Continuous Advocacy for Staffing: We will persistently advocate and exert pressure on the relevant authorities for staffing the Health Center with medical, nursing, paramedical, and other specialized personnel.
• Modernization of Rural Clinics: Modernizing and staffing the rural clinics in Glossa, Neo
Klima, and providing at least weekly service in the clinic in Loutraki.
• Comprehensive Psychosocial Care Network: Establishing an integrated healthcare network for psychosocial care accessible to all our fellow citizens, especially for the most vulnerable groups in our community.
• Regular Specialist Visits: Pursuing the institutionalization of regular visits by specialized
doctors to the rural clinics in Glossa and Neo Klima.
• Creation of Health and Dementia Care Centers: Establishing Health Centers and Dementia
Care Centers within the framework of the operation of the Community Centers of Skopelos,
with immediate operation in the Community Centers of Glossa and Neo Klima.
• Establishment of a Municipal Blood Bank: Setting up a Municipal Blood Bank for the benefit of our citizens.
• School Safety: Ensuring structural safety and fire preparedness for all schools.
• Infrastructure: Expanding Skopelos Gymnasium and Glossa Gymnasium with Lyceum Classes.
• Energy Upgrade: Installing solar panels for energy self-sufficiency and upgrading school
• Repair Funds: Securing EU funds for school repair and maintenance.
• Second Chance School: Establishing opportunities for basic education.
• Sports Facilities: Building sports fields and upgrading existing school courtyards.
• Bakratsa Foundation: Utilizing foundation spaces for student benefits.
• Preschool: Creating a Language Preschool in Glossa.
• Community Engagement: Collaborating with parent associations and student councils.
• Safe Access: Ensuring safe pedestrian access to schools.
• “Open Schools”: Allowing public access to school facilities.
• Parent School: Establishing a Parent School for guidance and support.
• Nutrition Program: Implementing the Prolepsis Institute’s Nutrition Program.
• Scholarship Support: Providing scholarships for financially disadvantaged university
Sports & Recreation:
• Continuous maintenance of island sports facilities, including windbreaks where needed.
• Construction of changing rooms for the 5×5 football field in Glossa, including lighting
• Building a basketball-tennis court in Glossa on the existing 5×5 site.
• Immediate replacement of the track at Skopelos Stadium.
• Launching a new group sports program.
• Establishing a sports hub with perimeter tracks for safe cycling, running, and walking for all ages.
• Creating a traffic education park for our children, promoting both fitness and economic
• Strengthening local sports clubs, maritime sports organizations, and the 1st Scout System, seeking suitable facilities.
• Licensing all playgrounds (maintenance and compliance with regulations) and building new ones in Skopelos, Glossa, and Neo Klima neighborhoods.
Cultural Renaissance Initiatives:
• Collaborative Efforts: Fostering cultural revival through cooperation with all island cultural
• Festival Revival: Reviving traditional island festivals like Dekapentavgoustos in Glossa and
Agios Paraskevi in Neo Klima, in collaboration with various stakeholders.
• Supporting Cultural Societies: Ensuring dedicated spaces for cultural organizations in
Skopelos and Glossa.
• Cultural Enrichment: Enhancing and supporting all cultural activities across the island.
• Theatre Redevelopment: Utilizing the “Orfeas” Cinema-Theatre for diverse cultural,
educational, and innovative events.
• Museum Restoration: Repairing and reopening all island museums, including the Folklore
Museum of Skopelos.
• Building Maintenance: Maintaining and supporting all cultural buildings on the island,
including aiding the completion of the “Enotita” Cultural and Recreational Club in Neo Klima.
• Open-Air Theatre: Constructing an open-air theatre in Neo Klima.
• Literary Pursuits: Systematizing the municipality’s publishing activities with books and print publications dedicated to the island’s heritage.
• Implementing comprehensive care for stray animals, collaborating with relevant
• Strengthening existing programs for stray population control, healthcare, and creating
• Establishing designated feeding points for strays.
Archaeological Sites – Monasteries:
• Ensuring easy access to all monasteries through necessary asphalt road construction.
• Maintenance and preservation of historical sites.
• Enhancing accessibility to archaeological sites (Stafilos Tomb, Asclepius Sanctuary, Sentoukia, Loutraki, etc.) in coordination with Archaeological Authorities.
• Priority focus on increasing routes to/from Volos, Mantoudi, Thessaloniki, and Agios
Konstantinos, coordinating with local, regional, and central authorities.
• Advocacy for timely communication of scheduled ferry routes for the upcoming tourist
• Exploring options for expanded transportation methods such as hydrofoils.
• Ensuring regular winter connectivity through Mantoudi to Athens and exploring new routes from Northern Evia.
Ports – Beaches:
• Modernizing all ports as they serve as the island’s primary gateway.
• Completing Master Plan studies for Skopelos and Glossa ports.
• Securing funding for planned projects at Glossa and Skopelos ports.
• Finalizing construction at Agnontas port.
• Completing the second phase of the Neo Klima Tourist Refuge for boat protection and
organizing it as a marina.
• Ensuring beach accessibility for everyone, including individuals with disabilities, through
• Organizing equipped beaches with showers, cabins, and chemical toilets aiming for Blue Flag certification.
• Investigating possibilities for better access to beaches like Chovolo, Velanio, Perivoliou,
Pethameni, Agios Ioannis, etc.
Waste Management – Recycling – Cleanliness:
We aim for comprehensive waste management on our island, adhering to modern standards and European directives. Our goal is for Skopelos to be a leader in environmental protection, promoting reduce-reuse-recycle initiatives. Key initiatives include expanding landfill sites into recycling centers, creating green spaces for recycling, encouraging citizen participation, and enhancing cleaning services.
Immediate improvements in the provincial road network, flood prevention measures, and enhancing road quality are our priorities. We plan to construct sidewalks and bike paths, designate all roads, and upgrade rural roads. Additionally, we aim to enhance internal roads, widen agricultural networks, establish parking spaces, and implement traffic studies and signage across the island.
Our focus is on recording faults, maintaining municipal lighting networks, and ensuring well-lit public spaces. We’ll replace old bulbs with energy-efficient ones and modernize lighting systems.
Continuation of seasonal firefighting units, additional fire alert systems, restoration of parks, and the creation of water collection points are our environmental goals. We emphasize mechanical equipment for fire protection, green architectural studies, fire protection zones, continuous deforestation efforts, and implementing organic farming programs.
We’ll map out the needs of vulnerable populations, providing financial support promptly.
Strengthening social structures, modernizing communal spaces, and establishing facilities for the elderly and disabled individuals are our social initiatives. Additionally, we plan to reduce municipal fees for vulnerable groups.
• We’re initiating a program to boost organic agriculture, supporting local products such as
olives, damsons, and vineyards. Through specialized staff, our aim is to produce high-quality agricultural products while minimizing the use of chemicals.
• This comprehensive plan aims for a sustainable, clean, and socially inclusive Skopelos,
fostering environmental consciousness and community welfare.
• In addressing the vital issues of water supply, sewage, and drainage on Skopelos Island, our approach under the leadership of the DEYAS entails a comprehensive strategy
Thorough Research & Upgrading:
• Conduct detailed studies for underserved areas, replacing internal water and sewage
networks in all settlements.
• Upgrade external water pipelines, replacing worn sections, ensuring seamless supply to
communities, and constructing new pipelines where necessary.
Optimizing Water Sources:
• Harness all available water sources, including hydrogeological drilling and springs. Develop a comprehensive network encompassing springs (such as Platanakia and Sykias), wells, and pumping stations like Katakalous.
• Increase water supply through new drilling projects.
Enhancing Storage & Distribution:
• Expand storage capacity with new reservoirs, ensuring uninterrupted water supply during
peak periods and power outages. Where feasible, incorporate solar power solutions.
• Strive for the operational integration of the Panormos Reservoir into the island’s water
• Accelerate the replacement of asbestos pipelines in Neo Klima.
• Expand water networks with planned, coordinated efforts, prioritizing environmental
preservation and ensuring communities’ water access.
• Integrate networks constructed under the OSAN program in Glossa and Neo Klima into the water supply system.
• Complete sewage system installations in Panormos, construct new sufficient capacity tanks in Glossa, and finalize internal sewage networks in Glossa and Neo Klima.
• Address odor issues in sewage pumping stations, focusing on locations like Agios Riginakis, Kotanidis, and Hovolo.
Rainwater Management & Infrastructure Modernization:
• Undertake in-depth studies on rainwater management for all settlements, implementing
targeted, small-scale interventions where severe issues exist, such as in Glossa.
• Regularly clean watercourses.
• Upgrade and maintain electromechanical equipment across all DEYAS facilities.
• Quality Assurance & Administrative Reforms:
• Establish and enforce modern Regulations for Water Supply and Sewage Networks, ensuring
accountability towards consumers.
• Implement a remote monitoring system for water supply and sewage pumping stations on
• Develop a geographic information system for water and sewage networks.
• Flood Protection & Financial Management:
• Prioritize flood protection works in Skopelos, Neo Klima, Panormos, Agnontas, and Loutraki,
financing subsequent projects based on study outcomes.
• Fund flood protection projects in Agnontas and Limnonari.
• Stormwater Drainage Networks:
• Construct stormwater drainage networks within settlements.
• In pursuit of these objectives, our focus remains on delivering efficient, sustainable, and
reliable water services to every citizen on Skopelos Island.
We trust and utilize the talent within our municipality, respecting their rights and individuality.
Enhanced Citizen Interaction:
• Introducing the “Citizen’s Line” for direct requests, accessible both online and offline.
• Implementing a robust online platform for citizen services, advancing towards effective egovernance.
Transparency and Public Engagement:
• Active participation in local governance bodies and developmental boards.
• Open assemblies and announcements, ensuring financial transparency down to the last
Employment and Infrastructure:
• Utilizing public employment programs to combat unemployment.
• Staffing municipal facilities across the island.
• Modernizing, securing, and maintaining public buildings.
• Expanding and securing parking spaces, especially in areas like Palio Klima.
• Community Safety and Conservation:
• Conducting geological studies for safeguarding against landslides and settlements in
• Upgrading water distribution networks and ensuring a stable water supply.
• Preserving cultural pathways, ensuring they are protected heritage sites.
• Developing a special area to safeguard our ancestors’ remains.
• Organizing and equipping the Political Protection Office for efficient operations.
• Strengthening volunteer efforts for community resilience.
With your support, we are pioneering a vision for Skopelos—an example of modernization and sustainable growth. Together, we are shaping an island where life is dignified and enjoyable.
Together, let’s build a resilient, transparent, and connected Skopelos for all.
SKOPELOS – UNITED TOGETHER